Winter vacation

Need a fun and inexpensive vacation this winter break?

I recommend to get a group of friends together and rent a cabin this winter. Every December, my friends and I take a camping trip to Pine Crest and rent a cabin for the weekend as a way to celebrate our completion on finals. It’s a fun way to end the semester and get out of town for the holidays. The cabins are about $200 a night, depending on which one you get, but if you have a large group like we did, you’re not looking at a lot. It’s usually 10 of us that go, so I usually end up paying around $60 for a full three days. We go grocery shopping as a group and we split the bill into 10 parts, that way it’s all fair. I probably spend a maximum of $30 on groceries for the three days. We also carpool so we can save on the ride over there. The activities that they offer nearby are ice skating, skiing, and snowboarding that aren’t very pricey.
Here are some pictures of the cabin and the view.
image (12)

image (11)

image (10)

image (9)

As you guys can see, there wasn’t that much snow this past year 🙁

This year I want to change it up and go somewhere different, where do you guys recommend?

One thought on “Winter vacation

1. I’ve never been to Pine Crest but that definitely sounds like a great deal especially during this time of year.

I recommend going to Yosemite. I’m not sure if they’ll have cabins available but I’d recommend calling them and finding out how much they are.